Running Man - Episode 23
Location: Alpensia Ski Resort, Pyeongchang, South Korea
Guest: Shim Hyung Rae
Mission Team: Yoo Jae Suk, Ji Suk Jin, Gary, Song Joong Ki, Shim Hyung Rae, Song Ji Hyo, and Lizzy
Chasing Team: Kim Jong Kook, Haha, and Lee Gwang Soo
First Mission: Lift quiz. The Running men are split into three teams. Each team must choose one representative to ride in the ski lift. This representative must convey clues to a word that the other team members must say. While the representative is riding in the ski lift, the other members must run along side the ski lift while trying to guess the correct answer. The team with the most correct guesses earn Running balls.
- The Yellow team consists of Song Joong Ki, Song Ji Hyo, and Ji Suk Jin.
- The Red team consists of Lee Gwang Soo, Yoo Jae Suk, and Shim Hyung Rae.
- The Blue team consists of Kim Jong Kook, Haha, Gary, and Lizzy.
- The Blue team chooses Kim Jong Kook as their representative and guess four words correctly.
- The Yellow team chooses Ji Suk Jin as their representative and guess five words correctly.
- The Red team chooses Shim Hyung Rae as their representative and guess two words correctly.
- The Yellow team wins, earning Running balls.
- Haha and Gary are referred to as the Two Kids.
- Lee Gwang Soo and Song Joong Ki are referred to as the Same Age Friends.
- Song Ji Hyo and Song Joong Ki are referred to as the Song-Song couple.
- Kim Jong Kook is referred to as the Commander.
- Song Ji Hyo is referred to as Blank Ji Hyo and Evil Ji Hyo.
- Song Joong Ki is referred to as Flower Boy Joong Ki.
- Haha, Gary, and Kim Jong Kook say Seumdwa.
Second Mission: 1 versus 9 comedy acting against Shim Hyung Rae. The Running men must act out six stages of slap stick previously performed by Shim Hyung Rae. The Running men must perform all six stages without an NG in five chances within three minutes to earn Running balls. If they do not succeed, than Shim Hyung Rae will earn a Running ball. If they do succeed, than the Running men earn Running balls.
- In the first chance, Yoo Jae Suk has an NG in the first stage - Drum Sound From Afar.
- In the the second chance, Lee Gwang Soo has an NG in the second stage - Drum Sound From Afar II.
- In the third chance Kim Jong Kook has an NG in the third stage - Yeonggu and Duengechiri I.
- In the fourth chance Yoo Jae Suk has an NG in the sixth stage - Drum Sound From Afar III, however Shim Hyung Rae lets it slide. Yoo Jae Suk then has another NG in the same stage.
- During the fifth chance the Running men decide to give Shim Hyung Rae the Running ball.
- Yoo Jae Suk is referred to as Yoo Hyuk.
- Ji Suk Jin is referred to as Big Nose Hyung.
- Haha is referred to as Haroro.
- Hyo Jin PD makes an appearance.
Third Mission: Bells hide and seek. The mission team must find four hidden snowmen wearing hold medals within the time limit. The chasing team must tear off all of the mission teams name tags within the time limit. If the mission team does not complete their mission within the time limit than the chasing team will win. If the mission team completes their mission than they earn Running balls.
- Kim Jong Kook tears off Ji Suk Jin’s name tag.
- Song Ji Hyo finds the first medal.
- Lizzy finds the second medal.
- Haha tears off Shim Hyung Rae’s name tag.
- Yoo Jae Suk’s name tag is torn off, although it is unclear who tore it off.
- Kim Jong Kook tears off Song Joong Ki’s name tag.
- Although it is not shown, Song Ji Hyo and Lizzy’s name tags are torn off.
- Gary’s name tag is torn off, although it is unclear who tore it off.
- The chasing team wins and earns Running balls.
- Yoo Jae Suk is referred to as Yooruce Willis.
- Kim Jong Kook is referred to as Sparta Kooks.
- Song Ji Hyo is referred to as Ace Ji Hyo.
- Kim Jong Kook, Gary, and Haha are referred to as Jong Kook and the two kids.
- Haha films one of his movies, with this one based on Minority Report.
At the end of the night, Yoo Jae Suk, Gary, and Lizzy all have no Running balls. As punishment, they must wear hot pants while skiing.